"Since 2003 we've been the team behind the team for one of the most recognized and respected universities in the world: Notre Dame. What does this mean for us, our customers, and the University?"
When Notre Dame realized it needed to improve its student print processes and better manage information, it consulted Xerox for a solution. We monitored student printing to determine the best solution for the job. Then we installed multiple “print clusters” around campus, using Xerox Phaser™ printers and Pharos Uniprint® network software. For cost containment, each student received a reasonable print quota each semester. If they went beyond the quota, they were able to pay for prints out of pocket.
The networked solution was so successful that Notre Dame expanded the print clusters to residence halls. Now students don’t need to leave their dorms to print.
Many of the new printers feature automatic duplexing, allowing students to print on both sides of a page. Shortly after installing the networked print cluster solution, the University saw a 60% reduction in paper waste, and reduced its spending on paper and supplies by 20%. Read the full case study (PDF).
After improving the student print process, we took a closer look at Notre Dame’s programs. We saw that the engineering school was trying to increase and retain the number of women in engineering. Through the Xerox Foundation, we began providing scholarships on an annual basis. Read about one recipient (PDF).
We also set up recruitment activities at Notre Dame. Through the University’s career center, we post job and internship opportunities, recruiting both engineering and business students.
Another example of our longtime support of the Fighting Irish is our involvement in promotional activities, including:
- Television ads, print advertising, special events and corporate hospitality initiatives.
- Speaking engagements on campus by several high-level Xerox executives.
- Advertising and promotional opportunities at Notre Dame football, men's and women's basketball, hockey, volleyball, and baseball games.
- Appearances by Notre Dame head football and basketball coaches at special Xerox events.
- Football game-day activities, including Expo Center booth featuring our exclusive photo opportunity.